In my last post, I noted that Costco has FABULOUS king crab legs. Well guess what? You can check another box of your ultra-special-yummy foods list, because they also have really awesome choice filet mignon. Cheap? No. But it certainly beats the over-inflated restaurant prices!
Anyhoo, last time we got filets, there were a couple small pieces in the package. I pulled them out and thought I'd use them for a nice steak and eggs breakfast. Throw in some leftover sweet corn, and oooooh yeaaaaah....here's my seasonal, clean interpretation of steak and eggs!
Ingredients - serves 2
6 ounces steak
2 ears sweet corn, cooked and kernels cut off
About 2 dozen grape tomatoes
Some chopped onion
A couple pinches 2%/reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
3-4 tablespoons lime juice
Big splash of white wine
Drizzle of olive oil
Drizzle of sriracha
Drizzle of honey
Salt and pepper
(Note, these are really basic. I'm not very precise when I cook, so I don't have specific times or measurements!)
- Start by slicing the steak into thin slices. Rub with salt and pepper, and place in a bowl.
- Add marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Since the steak slices and veggies all cook quickly, I just dumped them in together.
- Cut corn and slice grape tomatoes in half. Add these to the steak and marinade, along with chopped onions, and mix well.
- Heat a wok for a few minutes over medium-high heat. Pour in steak, marinade, and veggies. Poke at the steak strips and make sure they are all making contact with the pan.
- Leave it alone and let it cook for two or three minutes.
- Cook another 2 or 3 minutes, stirring frequently and checking that the steak is cooked to your liking.
- Remove meat and veggies from heat and set aside.
- Spray a fresh skillet with cooking spray or olive oil and heat over medium high. Fry two eggs to your liking.
- Divvy up the mixture between two bowls, top each with one egg, and optionally sprinkle a tablespoon or two of reduced fat cheddar cheese on top.
Basic Nutrition Info
This is VERY approximate based on my eyeballed estimates of measurements. Data from MyFitnessPal.
Calories: 298, Carbs: 18g, Fat: 11g, Protein: 33g